Just imagine an international traveler, eagerly flicking through a Sydney travel guide before embarking on the summer holiday of a lifetime. Now imagine that anticipation brewing for amazing long days of sunshine, ice cream on Bondi Beach, blue skies for days, cold beers with barbecued dinners, surf lessons with beach babes, coastal drives and summery city night life.
I don’t know what is going on, but this is not a Sydney Summer. I am wearing a hoodie, in place of a sun dress, and my seasonal body clock is confused. Considering it’s Friday, I was hoping to post something colourful and inspiring, you know because it’s summer and all! Instead, I’m going to make a list of delicious foodie things to do during an unexpected wintery January in Sydney. So folks, dress down and get comfy – this list is definitely for the hoodies and sneakers… and I really hope this helps that poor international traveler too… Sorry mate.
Delicious foodie things to do during an unexpected wintery January in Sydney
- Enjoy a piece of pie at The Pie Tin, Newtown
- Grab a coffee at Double Roasters, Marrickville
- Ricotta Cheesecake at Papas Pasticceria, Haberfield
- Take away a slice of Watermelon and Strawberry Cake at Black Star Pastry, Newtown
- Build your own breakfast and coffee at Kelby’s, Marrickville
- Indulge in a Lebanese feast at Shish Tawook, Regents Park
- Gourmet Burgers at Moo, Newtown, Bondi and Coogee
- Authentic Italian dinner at La Disfida, Haberfield -Check out this review: http://theaphroditechase.com/2012/01/30/review-la-disfida-haberfield/
- Sago pudding at Thai Paragon, Marrickville
- Mediterranean charcoal chicken at Orrico, Dulwich Hill
- Coffee and croissants at Becasse Bakery, Westfield Sydney
- Yum Cha at Bodhi, Sydney
- Turkish eggs for brunch at Sonoma, a few locations: Alexandria, Paddington, Glebe, Waterloo, Bondi
- House made muffins at Cafe New Delhi, Marrickville
- For those who can’t decide, the level 5 food court at Westfield, Sydney
So my dearest readers, I now invite you to continue adding to this list. Leave a comment below with your foodie faves for a wet weekend in Sydney.
Now please excuse me while I sort out Mother Nature…
One can only wish...